Year Ahead 2020
As I do offer divination services, I do take paid orders for large Year Spreads like these. However, they're only available for the week leading up to the New Year's day, and cost $200 for a full and complete reading of this type.
Yearly spreads aren’t anything new in the Divination community. They’re pretty common, honestly. But over the years I’ve developed a specific spread that’s a little bit different than your average one- utilizing all three major decks types to produce one huge, layered reading.
This year I only used two of the decks, however. Which is a bit unusual to what I normally do. But I honestly couldn’t find the third one and was itching to get it done by Midnight. So I just proceeded without it. Usually the “Key” section, however, is done with Lenormand, with the others alternating between Oracle and Tarot.
Key
Me: High Priestess [R]
Secrets, disconnected from intuition, withdrawal and silence
Beginning the Year with: Death
I’ve found that this card doesn’t often symbolize quick and unexpected change like it usually does in Tarot. Instead I’ve found that it usually references the actual death of something or someone. Occasionally I’ve also seen it refer to the afterlife, Spirits, etc… But also sometimes references something coming to an end finally and always permanently.
Ending the year with: Water [R]*
More emotions; calm, collected, quiet, shy, relaxing, serene. I’ve taken it a lot to also mean my own femininity. On rare occasions I’ve also seen it refer to the Ocean, a Lake, or other physical body of water as a location marker- and when drawn in immediate combination with Air, it seems to talk about Storms.
Houses
1st House (Self): X of Blooms
Divine love, blissful relationships, harmony, alignment.
2nd House (Money): The Hermit [R]
Isolation, loneliness, withdrawal
3rd House (Mind): Happy Squirrel
Distraction, Confusion, Lack of Wisdom / Experience; the Unforeseeable or Unknown
4th House (Home): Wheel of Fortune
Good luck, karma, life cycles, destiny, a turning point
5th House (Family): IV of Plumes [R]
Exhaustion, burn-out, deep contemplation, stagnation
6th House (Duty): God of Stones
Inspiration, ideas, discovery, limitless potential, free spirit
7th House (Relationship): V of Stones
Conflict, disagreements, competition, tension, diversity
8th House (Investment): X of Plumes
Painful endings, deep wounds, betrayal, loss, crisis
9th House (Higher Self): III of Bones
Teamwork, collaboration, learning, implementation
10th House (Career): Judgement
Judgement, rebirth, inner calling, absolution
11th House (Friends): The Magician [R]
Manipulation, poor planning, untapped talents
12th House (Desires): VIII of blooms
Disappointment, abandonment, withdrawal, escapism.
Seasons
Winter: Achievement [R]*
On its own it tends to mean Progress, Persistence, Hard Work, and Eventual Success- usually in reference to the result of an action you yourself performed. Achievement in “what” exactly seems to be reliant on any cards drawn after it or as clarifiers for it.
Spring: Resistance [R]*
Not wanting to change or do things differently. If it appears with Fear, I’ve noticed that it symbolizes a fear of change; a fear of “going with the flow”, or a challenge of a natural path.
Summer: Bond
Connections, especially on a deeper level; interconnection; Something tying you to another person- especially on a personal or very deep emotional level.
Fall: Guide [R]*
A helper, a teacher; someone who is an authority or whom people look up to. Potentially intuition or natural direction, based on the card imagery.
Year
January: Knight of Bones [R]
Self-discipline, boredom, feeling ‘stuck’, perfectionism
February: The World
Completion, integration, accomplishment, travel
March: V of Blooms
Regret, failure, disappointment, pessimism.
April: Knight of Stones [R]
Passion project, haste, scattered energy, delays, frustration
May: The Chariot
Control, willpower, success, action, determination
June: King of Plumes
Mental clarity, intellectual power, authority, truth
July: Death
Endings, change, transformation, transition
August: X of Stones [R]
Doing it all, carrying the burden, delegation, release
September: Queen of Plumes
Independent, unbiased judgement, clear boundaries, direct communication
October: King of Stones [R]
Impulsiveness, haste, ruthless, high expectations
November: King of Bones [R]
Financially inept, obsessed with wealth and status, stubborn
December: IX of Bones
Abundance, luxury, self-sufficiency, financial independence.
I exclusively used SkullGarden decks for this reading- including the full Wooden Tarot, and the Earthbound Oracle; the Seeker’s Lenormand would have been used as well, if I was doing this spread how I’d normally do it. But since I couldn’t find the deck at the time, it wasn’t present in the reading.
Honestly, I just love Andy Swartz’s art to pieces- and how his decks work together so well in multi-deck readings. It makes them perfect for my beginning of the year spreads.
Comments
Post a Comment