New Year, New Path

Let’s keep this little pseudo-introduction short and sweet, shall we? I’m Anna. I live in the United States. I was raised LDS Mormon but I’ve been Pagan for 20 years, and currently I consider myself a Transitional Era Gaelic Reconstructionist (or, if you prefer, Christo-Irish Reconstructionist).

I spent 15 years of my life bouncing from Pagan faith to Pagan faith, never quite feeling the call of any of it; always being interested, but feeling disconnected... And then I landed in Irish "Polytheism" in 2015 by complete accident, and was shocked to find it finally felt like I'd found home for once.

I'm not a Druid- nor do I particularly care for Druidry in its various forms; I'm not affiliated with Ár nDraíocht Féin (ADF) or the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids (OBOD)- nor any other modern Celtic* Reconstructionist organization... Neither am I an Animist (I am a Vitalist)... Nor am I Christian; I originally coined the term Christo-Irish Reconstructionist, and later, Transitional Era Gaelic Reconstructionist, to describe what I do now, but that does not make me Christian

What I do? Is the reconstruction of Transitional Era Irish Faith- or the unique Irish-Christian syncretism which occurred during Ireland’s religious conversion in the Near and Early Medieval Periods, with particular attention paid towards non-Christian figures and ritual (as well as a significant amount of Local Cultus); in other words, I use mostly Celtic Christianity from in the Near and Early Medieval period (and the unique syncretism that arose during that time period), as the primary source to fill the gaps left in standard Irish Reconstructionist practice, whenever I cannot use the preferred Scottish or Manx information to fill them because there are likewise holes in those same areas.

I created this blog in particular as a sort of fresh start… A place where I can begin my studies from square one, so that I can pursue them in more depth than I originally did- and with a much better eye towards this strange liminal space I’ve finally decided to embrace instead of fighting. 

I’ve also retained most of my old writing from various other blogs of mine where I’ve spoken about religious views or research in the past. Those would be any post beyond this point in the backlog; they’re all from earlier study periods when I was exclusively Pagan and first starting on my journey. As a result, a lot of that research is likely outdated, and I might or might not hold those ideals anymore- we’ll have to wait and see.

Everything past this point in the future, however, is all of my newer material; studies I’m currently doing. Things I’m currently researching. Ritual development I’m currently working on- and so on and so forth; any research and ideals can become outdated at any moment, but it’s pretty safe to assume that if it appears after this post, it’s probably somewhat current.

While you're here, however, let it be well known: You're more than welcome to share your views here, even if you're another faith. That's especially true if I've gotten something wrong. But don't Rede Thump at me, or Bible Thump- or thump any other doctrinal text at me, either, for that matter. 

Likewise, please make sure to leave your Anti-Monotheism and Pagan Persecution Complex™ (and your soapbox) at the door as well; I'm not interested in bland and poorly informed takes about how "shitty" (WWmP) Christianity is- nor am I interested in anything you have to say about how I'm "really just Christian", or any of other derogatory quips. I don't care, and honestly the Pagan Persecution Complex Soapbox is so tattered by now it needs to be thrown in the trash where it damned well belongs.

I don't tolerate Nationalism, Islamophobia, Anti-Semitism (or Racism of any form in general), Transphobia, Homophobia, Abelism, Sexism, Cultural Appropriation, or any other bullfuckery- especially when founded on hatred or dehumanization. And anyone bringing any of this to my doorstep will have their comments deleted immediately.

Though, of course, if I’ve butchered any Irish phrases or words on this blog at any point, please feel free to inform me of that fact and offer corrections; Irish is not my Native Language, and I’m only just beginning to learn it. So any help and / or correction is greatly appreciated, and very much desired.

All in all, this is a space for my religious growth and exploration- not your various forms of dickery, or your misguided and ill-informed vendettas. You'll get no platform here, and with good reason.

All of that being said: I’m the worst at blogging schedules- and I’m disabled, chronically ill, and constantly in and out of the hospital. Because of that, the only consistency you’re likely to find here is in the blog’s topic… Post frequency? Not so much.

Comments